Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stylin' Saturday: A Sweet Treat

In continued celebration of the Christmas season, I thought I would share a simple and quick 'recipe' for one of my favorite holiday snacks. Not sure who I got this from and maybe you already know of them....but i feel like every time I bring them to a gathering someone is always asking, "How did you make these?? They look so fancy!! And they are so delicious....can't stop eating them. Please take them away from me!"

Who am I to deprive you of such a treat?? Not even sure what they are called....ok, enough of the suspense. You will need just 3 ingredients:

Grab a cookie sheet and line it with some parchment paper. Lay out a single layer of pretzels. Unwrap the bag of Rolos and place one on top of each pretzel (and if you need to eat a few Rolos as you work, that would probably be ok):

Preheat your oven:

Pop the cookie sheet of delightfulness into the oven and wait.....

Tick, tick, tick, tick....

Ok....just about 5 minutes will do it! Pull out your cookie sheet and have the pecan halves ready to go in a bowl nearby. I usually take them out of the bag and only choose the nice looking ones...no broken pieces because it doesn't look fancy!

Be careful not to burn your little fingers and press one pecan half into each Rolo:

Let them cool for a bit, then transfer to a plate and stick in the fridge for a quicker cool down. As soon as they harden, you can toss them into an airtight container and store them in the fridge ready for your next soirée...dazzling! And yummy:

No comments:

Post a Comment