Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crafty Corner: Family Photo Project

It was my Dad's birthday last month, and my siblings and I wanted to do something creative to honor his special day!

Think hard, think hard! What do you get the most awesome Dad in the world?

A tie? Boring.
New slippers? Not.
A puppy? Hmmmm....no.

Then it came to me. Daddio had taken a sign language course a little ways back and enjoyed sharing tidbits of sign language knowledge with us whenever we visited up north! He is a guy who likes to learn stuff, so I thought it would be fun (and perfect) to gift him with a special sign language message from his little darlings (that's us).

I rallied the troops and described to them the vision I had for this top secret project.....I assigned them (and myself) each a word to sign via a photograph. Once they were all submitted, I had them printed and framed them up! I think it turned out great....and my Dad really liked it:

'I Love You Dad'!

It's true, I do! Hope you had a great birthday Daddy!

1 comment: