Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sequins & Sofas: 5 Things (Kind Of)

By nature, I find myself to lean on the side of fiscal responsibility versus frivolity. I tend to feel the need to pay off debt and such with extra funds rather than buy expensive, fun, and fancy things. 

Don't get me wrong, I spend my fair share of time browsing the lovely aisles of my local Target. And I don't feel bad with the purchase of a few cute clothing items now and again....who goes into Target and doesn't leave with 1 or 2 things they weren't planning to buy anyway??

But for the most part, working towards the debt free thing is my jam. A few months back when I had a new HVAC system installed, I qualified for some energy rebates from Xcel and did the responsible (boring) thing....making some extra payments on the system....wah, wah.

But then a few weeks later, I also received a Prepaid Visa gift card from Lennox and decided to be a little CRAZY!

I was gonna buy some stuff. 

Stuff I for sure didn't need but for sure would bring me joy. YOLO...am I right?

Are you ready?

1. The Might Ducks Trilogy


Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack.

2. A bunch of other Chick Flicks that I for some reason do not already own:


Sidenote: I realize that no one in this modern technological age of streaming everything purchases DVD's anymore...but this girl does and ain't ashamed to say it. Plus, since no one wants them they are super cheap- winning.

3. A resubscription of HGTV magazine:


No explaination on this one. HGTV Mag is da bomb.

4. A fidget spinner:


 Ok, fine. 2 fidget spinners:


What? They are fun to spin and I like fun.

5. Some gadget to relieve bug bites naturally that I saw on Facebook and probably won't work but maybe it will and bugs really love me and make me itchy and it's worth a try so I bought it:


So, there you go. An adventure into a frugal gal's little gift card splurge. Weeeeeeeeee! Now back to knocking out the debt.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment