Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sequins & Sofas: Cover it up!

I have been totally swamped these past few weeks and the next few are appearing to be the same...so a quick little post for your reading pleasure.

As I blogged about a few weeks back, I rearranged my apartment and started a crazy-fun 'stuff' purging party. Happy to say that I am almost at the end of the tunnel with that project...just a few more items to go thru and, bam, done!

Whilst my organizing, I was not loving the look of my closet area...see exhibit A:

Although everything had a place, the shelving area never looked organized and just made me a little crabby. So I did something about it, see exhibit B:

What's easier than just covering it up? Nothing! I highly recommend using this tactic when faced with a messy looking area that needs a little help. You can make your own or have Ikea do it for you...their curtains even come with fancy no-sew hem tape. Score. Of course, try to organize the stuff the best you can before covering it up....then cover it up.

I am much happier now when I walk into my closet...greeted by a wall of happy flowers rather than my many baskets of 'stuff'!

No comments:

Post a Comment