Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Toddler Talk: Shake It!

To continue with the theme of music mania, I have a fun gift idea for the young kids in your life. Perhaps for a baby shower gift (which is where this one was given) or maybe a present for that little one with a birthday coming up who already has a billion cars, dollies, and electronic devices....

....like I have said before, music is amazing! And an essential component of healthy development! Kids learn about concepts in math, social interaction, & large/fine motor skills by listening to music and by making music of their very own!

I see how my toddlers get excited when music comes on the radio and know that yours most likely do the same! Why not give the gift of music to the next toddler on your shopping list:)

Ok, enough talk! Here's what I put together:

INSTRUMENTS!

MUSIC!

A BUCKET!

The instruments were purchased at a few different stores (Creative Kidstuff, 10,000 Villages, Lakeshore Learning, World Market).

The CD's I had in my library of kid music and burned some of my favorites.

And just a side note: see my earlier post about making felt bags to 'wrap' all those instruments. From a crafter's mind, it's all about the presentation: Cute Felt Gift Bags!

I may have gone a little overboard with the number of instruments/CD's, but I was having so much fun putting it all together. I just couldn't help myself! For a more manageable gift (both in time and $), maybe just do 1 or 2 CD mixes of your favorite (kid friendly) tunes and a handful of shakers and clackers!

The bucket is handy for keeping all things musical in one spot for easy, on the go creativity! I suggest having many regularly scheduled dance parties/jam sessions with the kids to give them a chance to bust out the 'Music Bucket' and rock it....toddler style!

No comments:

Post a Comment