Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Crafty Corner: Knock, Knock...It's Christmas!

It's true..now that Turkey Day has passed, it is completely acceptable (and necessary) to prepare for the Christmas season. What better place than my very own front door (ok, so I only actually have one door since I am an apartment dweller...but it somehow sounds more festive to describe it in this way. That's what Martha would do. Agreed?)

Back up a few months. I was doing some Duluth shopping with Auntie LaLa and I saw this:

Cute, right? I thought so too...until I saw it was $60.00!!!!!!

Sheesh. That's just crazy. But not as crazy as the crafting that's about to go down...boom:

A big metal ring from the craft store. $2.

A pile of fabric scraps. Free. (Fine, not exactly, I realize that I did indeed pay $ at one point for said scraps, but I already had them lying around...so....free.)

Cut a bazillion strips.

Tied some knots...many knots. Tied knots until the circle was complete.

Also, take note of my festive Christmas candy cane jammie pants...the proper attire for such a crafting event should never be overlooked.

Cost: Under $5. My door feels happy and ready to wish a Merry Christmas to all who pass through!

No comments:

Post a Comment