Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sequins & Sofas: Grandma Glam

I am fortunate to have acquired a few pieces of jewelry from my Nana and Grandma- both now passed but never forgotten:)

The first from my Nana:

This was a ring that my Papa got for her with all the birthstones of her 5 wonderful and perfect children. I had always admired it as a child and about a year after she passed away, my Aunt asked me if I wanted to have it. You see, Nana and I shared the very same birthday. So to have a 'birthday' ring from her felt quite special...I cherish it.

The second was from my Grandma:

The story goes that Grandma had lost her original emgagement ring while rockin and rollin at her Saturday night Keg Club gathering...she and her friend Audrey searched high and low for it all the night thru (even took the kitchen sink apart) with no success. So Grandma went down to the local jeweler that very next week and picked out a new set for herself- petite and lovely. My mama passed it along to me a few years ago....and I am honored to be its new caretaker.

It's fun to think of my Nana and Grandma wearing these sparkly pieces of beauty...I feel honored to wear them and to keep the memories of Nana and Grandma close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment