Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Splendid Friend Indeed

I have been thinking a lot this past year about things that matter and trying to let go of things that don't. Friendships matter. Dear, lifelong friendships that mean so much to me....

I have been blessed with some pretty great friends. Many people who care deeply about my life and have invested their lives right back into mine.

This past weekend, I traveled across the land to visit a few of those special people. A crew of ladies from my teenage days....they are the kind of friends that you may not see for a year (or longer) but feel instantly right at home the moment you are reunited. I am thankful for these ladies.

I feel blessed to have oodles of shared (hilarious) memories with them, to feel comfortable sharing my current joys and struggles- knowing that they are some of my greatest supporters thru it all, and to get excited about future plans and dreams!

We had a great time and I guess I just wanted to let them know that I think they are pretty amazing....I am so happy to keep our friendship growing after all these years and I am excited to see where the future will take us!

I don't know if you have similar friendships as these in your life....or perhaps have let time and distance separate you from those you cherish. My encouragement in either case is to spend your life on things that matter. Give that special pal a phone call, write a letter (pen pals are cool and so is getting mail), or get on a plane and have a visit! There is no time better spent!

Sidenote: Miranda, I'm comin' to you next!

1 comment: