Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sequins & Sofas: Paint, Paint and more Paint...

So I just need to record for myself all the things that were made more beautiful by a coat (or 2, or even 3) of fresh paint. To have a place to look back in 30 years and remember where I started. Some things I have already shared, but having all the projects in one place just makes me happy:

The trunk. It has traveled with me thru many houses/apartments and has been a variety of colors over its life. Now spray painted red.

The shelves. Hand crafted by my Dad, love. Took a long time to paint each little nook and cranny but totally worth the work.

The mirrors. 1 old (was gold, now white) and 1 new (was brown, now coral). One painted with a spray can, the other with a brush. Much improved and fits each space to a tee.

The walls. Many friends taking time out of life to make my walls sparkle with color and love. Many thanks! Bathroom- Plum Purple. Kitchen- Avocado Green. Bedroom- Melted Strawberry Ice Cream with a Whipped Cream White stripe. Yum.

The middle of the mantle. More spray paint...of the chalkboard variety. Fully intend to draw a roaring fire on future chilly winter evenings.

Metal Cabinet Countertop. I had a cute little cabinet that I wanted to make into a peninsula in the kitchen. It's top was a speckly white Formica-type material and my other countertops had been painted grey with a special countertop paint. Found a can of touch up paint in the basement and re-did the little cabinet top to match.

Bathroom frames. An ode to my former and current dwellings (3 frames, once gold and now silver to match the decor of the bathroom. A map of Duluth, the State of MN, and the City of St. Paul).

Bedroom essentials. LOTS of spray paint for these items...my trigger finger was injured for days. For real....it was ouchie. But totally worth the sweat and tears to achieve the desired result. Pure white accents in a sea of pink perfection.

I am thankful and amazed to be gifted with a home that more than fits my dwelling dreams. Thankful to have 'stuff' to paint and the means to have the ability to make them into anything I want. Blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment