Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mouse in the House

Sometimes I look into Mosby's eyes and wonder if he ever gets bored with the routines of daily cat life. Sitting in the windowsill for hours at a time, waiting for mealtimes to come round, napping, grooming, napping again, stretching....did I say napping?

I try to make an effort to engage him in some kitty playtime for a few minutes each day. Most of the time, he quite enjoys pouncing on a mousie, chasing down a ball or attacking things on strings...but sometimes he is not interested in the toys I have to offer and I have to work harder to impress him. Cats.

I was feeling the need for some new ideas to capture his attention and happened upon an easy tutorial for a kitty 'peekaboo' box (I can't remember where I saw it...probs on the Facebook. I hope they don't mind the share). I had an empty box to spare....so I made one. And he LOVED it:

A box:

12 squares cut & spaced evenly on top:

A big rectangle cut out on the side:

Some 'bait'. I used one of his favorite mousie guys taped to an old 'string thing' stick:



Oh boy. The excitement was mounting.

He locked eyes with his prey:

Went after it:

Really went after it:

Dude...where did that mousie go?

Ahhh, there he is:

I'm going in:

Big cat in a little box:

Best zero dollars I ever spent. We will be playing with this for many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment