Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Great Outdoors: It's FINISHED!

Oh boy, guys. My little backyard has reached its full potential in the past few days and it is soooo cute. 

My pal Linz finished up with the mulch and added a few more plants this weekend and I contributed with some equally as delightful garden accessories. Accessorizing stuff is definitely more in my wheelhouse of abilities than planting stuff, so I was excited to contribute to the final outcome in that way:



Accessory #1 (every garden needs a gnome):


Accessories #2 (tree stump art) & #3 (many giant letters):




Raspberry beds. I still need to dig those stones (Accessory #4) into the ground...in time:


And there's this:


Oh joy...that's a cute little raspberry if I've ever seen one.

To top it off, my sweet neighbor lady (with the most magical gardens in the world) had some extra tomato plants that she grew from seed and asked if I wanted some. We found a spot by the fence and she came over and dug the holes herself, planted 4 varieties, added compost enriched soil and some little popsicle stick markers. She said I should just water them and see what comes. I can do that:


Accessory #5 - a fresh coat of spray paint on the old metal furniture and a new umbrella canopy really makes the patio pop!!:


I am tickled pink with the end result. Now just to keep everything alive...I feel 97% confident that I can do it! 100,000 thanks to Linz for pouring her heart and soul into the planning, purchasing, digging, weeding, planting and mulching. It's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment