Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Madness 🏀

Ok, so i know it's currently July and March Madness (as in- the basketball tournament) has been loonnngg gone. But I have amazing things to share.

For the past several years, I have been in a seriously competitive battle with my boss' kiddos to see who could put together the strongest bracket. What's on the line? Well, usually either a pan of brownies for them (if I lose) or a bowl of guacamole for me (if I win). 

All of these items are equally delightful, but this year I felt the push to raise the stakes. Trophies- traveling trophies. Yes! 

The plan:
Each one shall be cared for by its recipient for the year until the next year's tourney comes round...then we shall see where the chips fall and redistribute as the points dictate.

We will also each add our name/date to the trophy bestowed upon us every year and make them kind of Stanley Cup-ish. It will be a legacy to pass on for generations to come....ok, maybe not. But trophies just make competition more fun. I like to win stuff.

This inaugural trophy winning year, I somehow came out on top:

Wooooohoooo, 1st place trophy (purchased online for super cheap- complete with personalized golden plate). It should also be noted that, upon delivery, the black lines on the super cheap trophy were very poorly drawn on with a pen. I had to redraw them with a sharpie! Hahaha, I love everything about it:



2nd place went to NaeNae ShaBoomBoom. Her trophy was fashioned from one of my old gradeschool b-ball tourney wins...with a slight alteration:



And rounding out the battle in 3rd place went to JaGabbers. This one I made from scratch with a little trip to the craft store. I think it's my favorite and it speaks for itself:



It's fun to get trophies for stuff in life. They make you feel a little bit special and proud to be you for a moment in time. Be sure to honor your life efforts with a trophy every once and awhile- you deserve it!



The first 'March Madness Ultimate Championship' awards ceremony was the most magical and I can't wait for next year's tourney to come around. I'll be honest...I kinda hope I get the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment