Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Veggie Explosion of Yumminess

A pal of mine passed this tasty recipe onto me last week and I must share! I tend to gravitate towards vegetables and beans (vs meats) as a general rule in life and this recipe was a total party of flavor in my mouth. It's delicious...and packed full of healthy vitamins and stuff like that too! Bonus.


I followed the recipe pretty closely aside from skipping the coconut sugar on the chick peas and I omitted the roasted bell peppers. I think I have some underlying childhood issues to work through when it comes to cooked peppers (It's ok, Mom. It's not your fault, I know you just wanted to serve your kids healthy foods and stuffed peppers seemed like a reasonable choice. I promise to keep trying them until i like them 😘).

It was a fairly simple prep with basic ingredients. The only thing I had to search for was the Tandoori Masala spice but found it at Whole Foods as the recipe had suggested. Into the oven:


As the veggies were roasting, I made the sauce. I am kind of a sauce girl, so I prepped a little extra to feed the need for the proper ratio of sauciness that I knew I would desire. Side note: The recipe called for 3 large cloves of garlic minced- I did that but will probably only do one clove the next time I make this. It was definitely a little too garlic-y as I was still tasting it the next morning...a little less would have been better.

Aside from that....this is a dish that I quite enjoyed and will be making again very soon. Some naan bread on the side made for a perfect after work dinner:


Try it, eat it, love it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment