Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Sewin' Stuff: My Keyboard Keeper

Have I mentioned how much I am digging my Bluetooth Keyboard for my phone? I feel like a technology master with such a mighty little tool at my fingertips! I am fully aware that a Bluetooth keyboard is not actually at all groundbreaking when it comes to the top technology must-haves of 2017, but for me....it's simply dazzling!

And when I love something a lot, I sometimes think, "How can I create a safe and cozy little place for it to live?" Hence, I spent time this weekend creating a 'Keyboard Keeper' for my new best friend:

Measured the keyboard to approximate the needed fabric:


 Chose the fabric- a sturdy duck cloth for the exterior and a soft fleece for the inside (ya know, so the keyboard would feel warm) and then sized it up to make sure it would fit:



Sewed a hem on both vertical sides:


Then on the bottom edge:


Sidenote: Rarely do I have a sewing project plan that I don't make some kind of rookie mistake...at this point, I should have sewn on the Velcro pieces before stitching up the sides (easier access). But I'm not working from a pattern here, so I didn't, and I survived. Next time I make a Keyboard Keeper, I will remember. But I just want to encourage you that it's ok to make mistakes (in crafting and in life). That's how we learn, sharpen our skills and gain confidence to create new and delightful things!

Continuing on...I slid the keyboard inside just to check how I was doing (pretty good) and then sewed up the 2 sides:


Hemmed the top edge:


And lastly, the Velcro:


Done! My keyboard now has a safe and happy home:



I love you, little Keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment