Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Crafty Corner: Elephantastic!

My friend 'A' just had a brand new baby boy! (Woo Hoo) She is so in love with her new little prince I am sure...also, she is in love with elephants. Lots of elephants:)

Ding, Ding, Ding....I heard the bell of opportunity ringing and had to try my hand at another stuffed animal creation (see 1st stuffed animal attempt here). So, off I went:

The plan:

The supplies:

The process:

So far so good. Next I had to fashion a tail:

Ok...a little confession. I was totally feeling awesome about myself at this point and marveling at the creation unfolding before me when I pinned the tail....and sewed it into place:

Yeah, that seems about right. Secured to the reverse, it will be SO amazing when I flip it inside out I am sure...

Oh drat! What I failed to work out in my brain was that in order for this plan to be a success, the tail should have been placed in BETWEEN the two pieces of reversed fabric....not on the outside of just one side. Duh! Rookie mistake.

No worries, a few minutes of problem solving and a little careful seam ripping/resewing and I was back on track. And just a little encouragement to you rookie crafters out there...it's ok to make mistakes! Have fun, experiment with different media and just create....even those fancy master crafters you read about on Pinterest have had some not so perfect prototypes before showing the world their favorite works. Back to Mr. Elephant:

Time to stuff and embellish:

Sheesh...it was a long (but fun) afternoon to get this little guy ready for his new home, but here he is:

Welcome to the world little baby boy! I hope this new stuffed friend will establish in your heart a love for all things elephant....just like your beautiful mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment