Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Week in Sunny CA!

This past week, I traveled to beautiful California for a visit with the dear family I spent 10+ years nannying for before they moved out there. It was a great week. First, the weather. When I left St. Paul, it was a -25 windchill. Upon landing in CA just a few hours later, my body was shocked with a 105 degree change at a toasty 85. Delight.

Much more fun to follow which I will share thru pictures. Waiting at the airport:

New luggage and always pick the window seat if at all possible. Upon arriving, my dear friend J (mama of 4 beautiful girls....4) gave me a new hairstyle and we stopped by the NEW SALON she is opening in just a few weeks. She had some friends write out scripture on the concrete before the floor was laid. I love this....

The next morning, the kids were off to school and J and I were on our way to spend a day in LA (hey, that rhymed!). Before heading out, kid #3 had a cute chapel program with her class:

Los Angeles is one crazy town. Traffic like I've never seen and lots of exciting people watching to be had. We started at Hollywood Blvd and were pleasantly surprised to see that they were setting up for the Oscars. We walked on the RED CARPET....like real celebrities:

Stopped in Beverly Hills for some shopping and lunch:

Towards the end of the day, we made our way to see the famous Hollywood sign on the hill. Little did we know that it would take 90 minutes to travel 8 miles!! Needless to say, it was dark upon our arrival...I did see the 'Holly' part of the sign thru the haze of clouds/smog and got a nice shot of the city from an observation tower. We had quite an adventure:

Day 3 began with a poolside breakfast:

Some cute girls by the pool:

And a texting teenager:

Day 4 I slept in and then kid #1 and I headed out for some lunch and shopping on the local strip:

We also enjoyed a water polo match, one of her pals was playing:

That evening, the kiddos and I had some time together (Mac and cheese, movies and fun) while mama and daddy headed out to a fancy star studded gala:

The following morning, we had the chance to tour the Barbara Sinatra Children's Center and meet a few old Hollywood celebrities. The gala was a fund raiser for this center that does amazing work to restore the lives of abused and neglected children. It is a beautiful facility! Barbara herself even made an appearance:

The day continued with some polo:

And we capped off the evening with a little Oscar party:

Wrapped up the week with a group shot of my girls....love:

It was an amazing week! Restoring for my whole self....and I can't wait for next year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment