Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sequins & Sofas: Backyard Bonanza!

This weekend was a big one for my little backyard. I had a large (dying and ugly) pinetree in the corner that needed to go. Luckily, I have some pretty amazing friends that are skilled in the ways of tree chopping.

They came over on Saturday morning with ropes, climbing gear, chainsaws and servant hearts and got to work:

The process went quite smoothly with the exception of pulling the neighbor's phone line off their house with a rogue branch that has plans of its own! Oops....they were so understanding and kind about the little mishap but I made some 'I'm sorry' brownies and my pal E got them a little 'I'm sorry' gift card to Chipotle. A day later, they were back in business with phone service. My tree guys were amazing...they worked quickly and then hauled it all away to the compost site!

Old tree...no tree:

So what are your plans for your ever improving back yard? Glad you asked....my kind friend Mr. E will be constructing a new privacy fence between my yard and the alley so I will be safe and secure and I plan to use that full sun spot to grow a plethora of raspberries! I also am going to buy some LARGE metal letters that spell 'Peace' and lean then up against the newly constructed fence. Oh, and my old tree stump will be decorated with a lovely peace sign to complete the peaceful theme. Here's a little visual:

After that is done, I'll be adding some hostas and maybe a little herb garden...we'll see. Here's the plan:

Although I am the worst at making things grow (either in a pot or from the ground), I'm gonna give it my all to make the backyard my own little oasis of lovely! Stay tuned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment