Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sequins & Sofas: Tower Power

I've been thinking of providing my furry little friend Mosby with more options for climbing and exploring inside. But here's the problem:

Oh yeah, and there's this:

Seriously, does any cat tree manufacturer really expect someone to enjoy such an item with a total disregard for style amidst function? Blah, gross.

I did a Google search of 'not ugly cat towers' and there were a few that could pass as almost acceptable....if I had like $600 extra dollars lying around for such things (which I do not).

Moving on. Then it hit me...I have a brain that is fairly capable of imagining the kind of structure that fits the style of my home, skills to draft up a design thanks to my highschool architecture classes (thanks Mr. P) as well as a talented daddy that can build many things.

So the new plan is to build something that is fun for kitty as well as happy for my eyes to look at. Here's the rough plan:

Here's where it will go:

4 corner shelves, rounded at the front, cut outs at each level so Mosie can climb, carpet (but not ugly...classy and probably grey) on each level so he can dig his claws in, a few other extras like a sisal rope and stuff to entertain the little buddy, and all other exposed wood painted white to mirror the trim in the house and built ins I already have. Functional AND NOT UGLY. That's the goal. Stay tuned to see how it all shakes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment