Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Crafty Corner: Festive Felt

Every Christmas, my family gathers for a scrumptious dinner and gift exchange extravaganza. We draw names at Thanksgiving for those who plan to be present for the exchange. It's a grand old time as you cannot share who you have and receive zero help as to what that person may love/not love as a gift. The reveal only comes on the night of the exchange!! This year I drew my Bro-in-law's name (Special K) and got him some AMAZING items that I am certain he totally adored.

A glimpse of the fun:








To keep my 'Super Fun Auntie' status active and thriving, I also crafted a special holiday something to enhance the Christmas experience for my little darlings. A big piece of foam board (30x40 I think...and go to Blick Art Supply. All kinds of sizes for very few dollars), cut and glued a tree (made of felt) to the board, a border of washi tape to keep the cuteness factor running high, and finally some pins stuck into all the corners of the tree branches for future 'garland' stringing purposes:


And then made a whole lotta felt ornaments:



The kids could decorate and redecorate to their little Christmas heart's content:




Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment