Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Sequins and Sofas: I'm Blushing

Last week, I needed some new blush so headed to Ulta to pick up some 'Sunkissed'....that's my jam. The lady at the counter asked if I wanted a bag. 'No, that's ok. It's just one little blush container....pretty sure I can handle just carrying it.'

Fast forward one minute later as I was walking to my car...it totally slipped out of my clumsy little hand and landed on the ground! Noooooo! Did it break? I can't look....

I picked it up and it appeared as though there was just a small little crack in the corner. Maybe it was ok. I tossed it into my purse and went along with my day. The next morning, I went to retrieve my dear 'Sunkissed' from the purse....it was not good:


Cracked and crumbled to smithereens. Boo. Ok, I realize that this not a huge disaster in the grand scheme of life but I was still bummed...was there something I could do to save it?

A little Google search told me yes. Here's what I learned:

All you need to fix any pressed powder makeup product (eye shadow, blush, powder) are a few drops of rubbing alcohol, an eye dropper and 5 minutes:


You can take the product out of its container and place in a plastic baggie to crush it up more if it's a little chunky or just keep it right where it is if it falls under the 'smashed to smithereens' category. Add a few drops at a time and start to mix:



It gets a little messy but just keep mixing until it forms a paste...you can clean up the edges later! Smooth it out with a little knife or whatever you have around that can smooth things:


Let it dry for about an hour and then put a little piece of paper towel over it...find a flat round something-or-other to press into the blush to smooth a little more and soak up the excess alcohol:



Set aside to dry overnight and you will be ready to roll by morning! Just like new...Sunkissed is back in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment