Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Great Outdoors: The Final Frontier (almost)

So much got done this weekend in my little slice of the urban outdoors! Just a few more plants to add here and there, grass seed to be sprinkled and some mulch to finish it off in the next few weeks. I am in awe of the cuteness that is now my little backyard:





I have a few more plans to finish things off as summer rolls on- stepping stones in between the raspberry beds, a hammock chair swinging between the maple trees, a new coat of colorful spray paint on my patio furniture, some giant letters (that spell PEACE) in the back of the flower bed leaning against the fence, and maybe a few twinkly lights strung from the house.

I am also beginning to learn a bit about the life of a gardener...don't water in the middle of the day (morning or evening is best), it's pretty easy to split a hosta (even though I just observed this time around, I feel confident that I could accomplish such a task when my hostas grow bigger some day), you should trim the leaves off the green leafy plants at the end of the season before the snow comes and they will totally grow back in the Spring (they really will- amazing!), and....gardening can be fun if you have kind friends to help you and teach you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment