Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Great Outdoors...Part Deux

Warning: I will most likely be posting progress of the fancy makeover action that is occurring in my backyard for the next few weeks. A plant life play-by-play of sorts.

Also, I want to restate how blessed and thankful I am to have an amazing friend (with some pretty wicked talents in the ways of garden prep and planning) who is willing to devote so much time to this project. Just had to say that once more. Thanks Linz:)

She spent many minutes (I am sure) mapping out every square inch of soil, taking great care to create visual areas of interest with color, height and texture:


She (and her dear husband) picked up & delivered the supplies:



Selected a few plants (many more to come):



And marked the yard with pretty blue paint so the 'Call Before You Dig' dudes knew where to flag the yard...safety first:







Next up: Tilling the soil, laying the brick borders and prepping the beds! Who's excited?? This girl.

1 comment: