Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Tree..or not a tree? That is the Question.

Friends, I forgot to share a fun evening I had with my sissies and mama last month! We did a Paintnite event together and it was quite delightful.

I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. What if it was too hard? What if I sucked? What if my tendencies towards perfectionism got in the way of free and creative expression? But there was absolutely nothing to worry about. The instructor was very kind and explained each step with a number of options for painters of all skill sets. She even made us promise not to say words like,'I suck' and 'this looks ugly' or 'ahhh I messed it up' and 'her's is better than mine'...we literally had to raise our right hands and recite an 'oath' before beginning our masterpieces.

It was a super fun and casual night to spend with the ladies of the family. We had our own table and could chat, giggle and cheer each other on to artistic victory. There were 3 other groups working along with us and it sounded like they were having (almost) as much fun as us. Here was the art piece we attempted to recreate:


And our adventures:







And the finished masterpieces:





I was very proud of our efforts and it was cool to see the way each person interpreted the directions to make their painting a true reflection of themselves. At the end of the night, all the groups walked around each table to take a look at the other art pieces created throughout the evening. Different paint strokes, colors, leaf shapes and branches but all still trees. I feel like there is a metaphor for life in there somewhere???


Two thumbs up for Paintnite! If you have the chance to give it a try, do it. You will have such fun and make beautiful art in the process!

I hung my piece on the porch with another tree painting I had done awhile back...an arboreal match made in Heaven:


No comments:

Post a Comment