Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Run for the Border

Sometimes the Facebook is a helpful tool in realizing lifelong dreams. Such a dream came to fruition for me last week as an advertisement (or some kind of post in my news feed) popped up...the details are fuzzy.

So there I was, minding my own business and catching up on the FB happenings of the day....ok, the hour (none of which had changed from the previous hour when I was 'catching up' then- man, I gotta detox from the FB checking bug). I digress.

An advertisement appeared for Taco Bell Mild Sauce....in a BOTTLE!!! How had I never known that it was available for purchase in a bottle?? I had spent the majority of my Taco Bell eating life enjoying my favorite sauce one teeny, tiny packet at a time....wishing for a way to just squeeze out a little more for that last bite of bean burrito.


Being intentional about going into the restaurant to order (so I could casually stuff my pockets with the necessary number of packets as I waited for my order and then going back to collect a few more in the bag before I left....without being 'caught'. Not that anyone was actually watching) rather than the drive-thru because when they ask you on the little speaker if you 'want any sauce with that' and you say 'yes, LOTS of mild', you hope they understand what LOTS means. And they never do....3 mild packets for a taco and a burrito? How am I supposed to make that work?

I can't really eat the Taco Bell these days without enjoying a little tummy ache upon consumption....but when I take the risk, you can be sure that I stock up on the sauce. My love of the sauce runs deep. As a young child, I have fond memories of family trips to the Bell where I would delight in the 'pintos and cheese' cup. That's where the love began.

As a preteen, I spent a summer in Georgia with my cuz Milly Sue- hanging by the pool, enjoying life and apparently eating a lot of Taco Bell. Every time we went, we filled our pockets with packets and ended the summer with a plastic shopping bag FULL. I took it home on the airplane like that was a normal thing to carry onto a plane and shared my bounty with the family for many months to come. It should be noted that I mostly consumed the stash of sauce packets atop pinto beans cooked and prepared by my dear mother. We didn't frequent the Bell as often in later years....but the passion for the packets never left my heart. 

Back to my FB discovery- it lead me to Amazon where I could purchase 4 bottles of the magic sauce for like $20....that seemed kind of high but can you really put a price on fulfilling a lifelong dream of endless sauce at your fingertips? I was considering it....let's check the reviews:


Yes! You guys totally get me. I think I'm gonna do it! But then this caught my eye moments before adding the item into my cart:


Walmart? For $1.35? I think I'm gonna cry! Could it be that my beloved sauce has been right under my nose all these years? I did a quick Walmart website search just to confirm if these reviewer's claims were true...and sure enough. They had some in stock:


I wasn't able to rush out and purchase at that moment but made a plan in my mind to stop and grab some right away after work the next day. As I pulled up to the store, I felt worries that they could be out of stock and my 'enjoy-as-much-sauce-as-you-please' dream would never be realized. 

But, as I walked up the Taco aisle, there it was! I bought 4 bottles:


Oh my, it was a special day. What was my first meal, you may be wondering?


And it was MUY BUENO. Dream big dreams, guys. The satisfaction of fulfillment is delightful 🌮.

No comments:

Post a Comment