Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Crafty Corner: Trees Please!

Sometimes when I'm meandering through a cute boutique, I see even cuter 'for display only' store decorations and take pictures of them. Secretly of course....like, super stealthy and sly so as to not draw attention from any store employee (who in all reality could care less if I snap a pic for the purposes of attempting a recreation of said decoration at home). Sometimes, the pic simply remains a thought and sometimes the plans to create come to fruition.

Such a photo was taken whilst gal pal shopping in Colorado with my High School Bestirs. This was one that I had full intentions of trying! The girls covered me and I went in for the kill:



What sweet little Holiday trees.....paper, wooden dowels in a wooden stand? Seems easy enough!

I took a quick trip to the 'Hob Lob' a few weeks ago to gather my supplies and found the parts to make the tree trunks:



Picked a variety of cute paper:


And then spent some time experimenting with patterns. I used scrap paper to make a template...which involved several trials of cutting out and folding to see what I had. I landed on this:






 
Feeling satisfied with the result, I moved forward with my 'special' paper. I added a border around the edge of this one to be fancy:



Next, I made a second template with a slightly taller/skinnier triangle shape (same experimenting/cutting/folding process):


I made 2 of each shape and then cut 2 of the wooden dowels a little shorter so my paper forest would have dimension:


Easy to complete all 4 in less than an hour, versatile for any occasion (just choose paper patterns to fit a specific theme)...and they turned out pretty cute:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment