Tuesday, December 6, 2016

No Time...There's Never Any Time!

In the infamous words of SBTB alumna Jessie Spano, I have both not enough of it and way too much!

How is that possible? Well, lots of big staffing changes at work equals added internal/external stress on all (good stress...and an amazing outlook for our future classroom teams but stress none the less). We are busy, and tired. And did I mention busy!! Training, classroom projects, intakes for new families, paperwork, caring for all the children...the list goes on. There's just not enough time in the day to compete all that needs to be completed. On a related note:


Look how cute the new Toddler teaching team is:)

So, what have I been doing to help clear my mind and recharge? Well, naturally I am deep in the throngs of binge watching the original Gilmore Girls series from the very beginning. This is where the 'too much' time comes into play. The evening hours pass by as the fine townspeople of Stars Hollow share the intricacies of their tv lives with me. We are all for sure becoming best friends....before I know it, I've managed to work thru 1/2 of season 4! It's way too late and I should be in bed! 

What a strange dichotomy that is before me....somehow time exists simultaneously in plenty and in want in one 24 hour period.

Not sure really what these thoughts have to do with anything...aside from the fact that I had no other pressing items to blog about this week and I can't NOT blog. So, I shall take a moment to reflect on the idea of time and how to be thankful for it. When I seemingly don't have enough- this means that my hours are filled with meaningful work, I am needed and I am able to use my skills to make an impact for good. And when I have too much- what a gift to have the privilege of rest, peace and sanctuary in my cozy little home while the world outside speeds on by.  And of course there's this (sorry, I had to!):


Blessed beyond measure on all fronts. Thankful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment