Saturday, October 13, 2012

Stylin' Saturday: Silky Skin

I have tried a lot of different products and gimmicks in an attempt to achieve healthy, radiant skin...inspired by all the supermodels in the cleanser commercials who wash the soap off their sudsy face with one big splash of slow motion water. Seriously, have you ever tried to wash your face like that? What a mess all over my walls and bathroom floor! Also, my skin never seems to look like theirs...never.

I have skin with, how should I say, issues. I have battled hard with acne since I was a young teen and only now (in my mid thirties) have I had a bit of clearing and relief in this area. Not sure exactly what has made the difference....a combo of finding the right medicated cream, a gentle cleanser, good lotion and age (or as I like to think of it...maturity).

With another harsh Minnesota winter looming, it's also important to rid your skin of those dry cells that build up and make your skin look less than lovely. I thought I would share my dry skin cell busting plan with you:

A handful of granulated sugar from the kitchen...

Add your facial cleanser of choice.....

Gently scrub all over your face in a circular motion and rinse....

I do this maybe once or twice a week in the morning and it makes my skin feel fresh and soft...I lotion up right after and am ready for my makeup!

Give it a try and see if it works for you! Just a note, make sure to rinse off your arms/elbows too...any soap that runs down your arms is laced with sugar and that can make for some stickiness if gone unwashed. The first time I used this scrub, I did not realize this. Later that morning, I could not for the life of me figure out why my sweater kept sticking to my elbow...he he he!!

No comments:

Post a Comment