Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sequins & Sofas: A New View

For the past year, I had been toying with the idea of home ownership. I saw a bunch of really great properties with oodles of potential...even put offers on a few!

But the market has taken a turn for the 'better'....which means home prices are rapidly increasing.... yaahhhhh! Wait a minute. Not such great news for a little preschool teacher with a limited moola supply.

Long story short, my home ownership plans were put on the back burner (for now) and I was feeling like I needed a change of scenery.

Moving is a lot of work. So to start, a few gals came over to my teeny studio last week and helped me rearrange my current dwelling. And I have to say, it feels so rejuvenating and exciting to change it up!

I went in with a tentative plan in my head of what I hoped would work. The before layout:

The new gameplan:

I should have taken pictures of the move in action...it was truly hilarious to maneuver all my furniture around in such a small space....with 3 other people added to the mix...but alas, no documentation of the process. I did however manage to snap some before and afters:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I really am excited to walk into my apartment every day after work and enjoy my newly created home. I think I am feeling content to continue to be an apartment dweller....although I have just realized that possibly searching for an apartment with 1 actual bedroom might be a fun change of pace...with a little more space. We will see what the future holds!

And just a little encouragement for you peeps feeling stuck in your space....don't be afraid to change it up. Give yourself a new view...it could be magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment