Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tattoo This!

So, on Saturday I spent many, many hours at Electric Dragonland getting a new tattoo! I have a bunch of them (7 now to be exact), but this one was by far the biggest and most significant.

I'll be honest, by hour 4, I was ready to be done...really ready:

But it was all worth it in the end to finally see the masterpiece complete:

If you don't mind, I'd like to share about my tree and why it came to be. Also, I hope it's ok if I go a little Jesus-y on ya for a moment:)

All of my tattoos tell a story of my life thus far...from work to family, friendships to passions. This one is no different.

Over the past 15 years, my life as a Christ follower has developed and grown thru experiences and relationships. He has been ever faithful to love me when I don't love him. To continue to pursue me when I fail...which is a lot. To show me mercy when I for sure don't deserve it.

This kind of love is sometimes hard for me to understand, hard for me to believe for myself. What I have battled with most is just that fact.....that he loves ME. That he has big plans for ME (dharma jane) in this world....that those plans may involve hard and scary things but he will be faithful to walk with me through them.

I have also battled with some anxiety the past few years when it comes to my health (when challenges arise or I experience something new that I can't pinpoint a direct cause). Although sometimes it feels like I am the only one on the planet to experience this, I know that is not the case. I have had enough conversations with peeps to know that we all battle with anxiety in some regard...financial, relationships, parenting...the list goes on and on.

I have learned that (for me), most of my 'issues' can be traced back to trust. Do I trust Him for my best? Do I believe that he sees ME? Do I see the big picture and long for His return?

These questions are the reason for my latest tattoo adventure. It is a reminder of life eternal....when this earthly life is overwhelming and hard, it's a picture of what is to come...restoration.

It's the Tree of Life:
Revelation 22:1-5
“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.”


I am determined to live my life to honor Him, to fight the world when it tells me I am not good enough for His love. To remember that he is preparing a beautiful and perfect new earth for his children...and that I (yes, ME) am included in that promise. That's the story of Tattoo #7....thanks for listening!

Maybe there will be a story someday for tattoo #8...who am I kidding, there will be. I am a total tattoo nut...and am thankful to share my life story through each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment