Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sequins & Sofas: Rag and Roll

I follow a few blogs that are fun. One such blog is 'A Beautiful Mess'...lots of Style and Beauty tips. Love.

There was a post a few months back that really caught my eye....it wanted to teach me how to rag roll my hair. Rag Rolling? That sounds weird, whatever could it be?

I'm glad you asked. First, separate your hair in sections:

Find some fabric...any kind really...and rip it up in strips. Maybe like 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. I think I used about 12 to 14 strips of fabric total. I had just washed my hair and mostly dried it before rolling, but just make sure it is ever so slightly damp. Take a chunk of hair and hold it in your hand. Wrap the hair around your thumb/fabric:

Once you get to the end, tie it off with the ends of the fabric:

Great! Keep going til all your hair is tied up in lovely little bows:

Time for bed. I was worried that it might be hard to sleep with so many foreign objects tied to my head. But it honestly was just fine, the fabric is soft and in no way impeded my ability to catch some zzzzz's.

Ok, wake up! Get ready for the day. Contacts in, makeup on, brush those teeth. Let your hair down. That's it:

Shake it out and you are done! By the end of the day, your waves will look like you just spent a few relaxing, sun-soaked hours at the beach...my new favorite:

And just in case you want another example to follow, here is the original blog post from where I was inspired to try something new:

A Beautiful Mess

2 comments:

  1. Did your arms hurt while you were getting all the rag rollers in?

    Also, you are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did need to take a little break now and again...maybe I should start lifting weights to get in shape for such hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete