Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Happy Birthday, my Mosie!

Today is Mosby Amundsen's birthday....he is 1:

Hahahahhaha! I am certain that this is your new favorite photo of all time. How can you resist such cuteness? Ok, as stated before, if you have an aversion to hearing thoughts about kitties from their slightly obsessed owners, now is the time to look away.

Things I have learned about Mosie since we became a family:

- His loves sitting in the windowsill on the porch to watch the birdies and the crazy albino squirrel frolic about in the yard...taunting him on a weekly basis with their freedom to roam the outdoors. He would sit there for hours if I let him. Also, the kitchen garden window is a close second.

- On a related note, he has had a taste of the great outdoors and rather enjoyed it. I got a harness/leash a few weeks ago and we gave it a try. He is quite the overachiever...getting used to such an apparatus with little protest when the instructions said it could take weeks. My little kitty genius. We will do more of this as the summer months unfold.

- He can climb/jump onto all things. So strong and agile! Like....from the chair in the living room to the table in the dining room. Sheesh!

- He still sleeps next to me every night and has gotten so much better at 'sleeping in' (he no longer walks across my head a million times in the early hours, hoping to rouse me from my bed to feed him when it's just not time). He does, however, feel it to be 100% appropriate to take full ownership of my pillow around the 6:00 hour to snooze a little more. I don't mind.

- He had his first hairball...awwwww. Good job, buddy! Just kidding, gross.

- He has very happy feelings for apples, raspberries, bananas and scrambled eggs....in moderation of course.

- He thinks it is super fun to nibble (you could also read this as stalk, pounce and attack) my bare toes and ankles should I leave them exposed. It's actually not fun at all.

- He has the appearance of a skilled hunter and acts rather tough....but he often loses battles with small bugs due to uncertainty of their intent and a little bit of fear.

- He almost thinks it is a good idea for me to groom him without having to attack the brush. Almost.

- He loves the cat grass. 

- He and the shower curtain have a love/hate relationship.

- The laser pointer is his best friend. He gets super chirpy/happy when I go to retrieve it from the shelf and starts searching for it even before I light it up! It makes him crazy! He also is super good at catching stuff when I toss it into the air.

- He snuggles in the crook of my legs at night when I'm watching tv on the couch. I love that.

- He follows me around wherever I go and loves to have his tummy rubbed. He is just the sweetest and most lovey cat in all the land.

- He is pretty much my favorite! Happy Birthday Mosie Boo:)


No comments:

Post a Comment