Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sequins & Sofas: Curtain Conundrum

The front of my house has a cute little 3 season porch full of windows. I love this!

It also has a full glass door from the porch to inside the house...it lets an abundance of light in and makes the room feel so open and happy. I also love this.

What's the conundrum? Well, when sitting upon my couch in the late evening hours, I was noticing that I could see the outdoors (street lights, cars going by, etc) and then realized that those on the outdoors could most likely also see me. Now, I don't necessarily feel like there are tons of people out there lining up to take a peek into my windows but I was feeling a little exposed none the less.

Here is my problem wall:

At first, I was coming up with all kinds of crazy contraptions in my head to cover the glass door....roman shades, Velcro curtain for easy daytime removal, etc). Then it dawned on me...there is already curtain hanging like 2 inches from the door. Maybe I should try to use that somehow. Yes.

I replaced the current rod with a longer one and extended it from the window on the right all the way over to the edge of the left wall past the door. Rehung the curtain and was then able to simply slide it over in the evening to cover the glass panel:

Conundrum solved. Privacy when I need it at night and beautiful sunshine during the day...all with a simple slide of a curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment