Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Toddler Tuesday: Books

I have read lots of kids books in my lifetime. Some good, some not so good. Through my reading adventures, I came across a series of books that for sure fit into the GREAT category....both for content and illustrations.

Written by Todd Snow and illustrated by Melodee Strong.....these books have a sweet story to tell kiddos about being confident in who they are and what they can do! It teaches them to stand up for others and that being kind is cool! It reminds them that they are powerful and valuable!

Below are just a few snippets of what you will find as you read along with your little one:

In my life as a teacher of little friends, it is so important to me that each child is given tools and opportunity to become their best! I want to challenge them to try things that are hard and not be afraid to fail....to be confident in who they are and feel secure in their environment and in my love for them.
These books are a great addition to any child's library....read them together and talk about the pictures and the message! Talk about what it means to me brave, creative, important, friendly and beautiful! Talk about how you think they are all of those things and more.....and how you couldn't be more proud to help them grow!
If I have learned anything from my own childhood, it's that being told I was brave, creative, important, friendly and beautiful gave me the confidence to become my best me! Kids who have the opportunity to experience that kind of love will grow into adults who can do the same for their own kids.....a revolution of kind, strong and beautiful people. Aren't kids books wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment