Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Toddler Tuesday: Fun with Felt

I like making stuff with felt. It's really easy to work with, has a clean edge when cut, and it sticks together great with a hot glue gun!

Also, my toddlers love listening to familiar stories over and over (just like with singing songs....such creatures of habit!) and I needed a way to spice the reading experience up a bit.

Hence, my plan to create some old school felt board stories! With felt, scissors and my glue gun I got to work...my favorite:

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear

The toddlers are totally enthralled with watching what piece will be added to the board next! Give it a try and recreate a favorite story of your own. Or if you have a story you would like me to create, post a comment with the story you would love to have in felt board form before next week's Toddler Tuesday post...

....I will choose a comment at random and get crafting to send the winner one of their very own!

3 comments: