Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stylin' Saturday- Collections

I think adding a few collections of things that make you smile can be a quick way to bring some decorating style to your dwelling! Since moving to my apartment some years ago, I have slowly been decorating and designing my living space to reflect my style. My first collection started with a white wire bird that I found at (of all places) Target on a clearance rack. I thought, "this is cute, and cheap. Maybe I can do something with it...". A few months later, another bird crossed my path....hey little birdy, you are made of wire too!! And the criteria for my collection was born- wire legs. Now when I travel around and happen to meet a little bird with wire legs, it just might be the newest member of my little birdy family:


The next is my 'Wall of D's". I like the letter D. It's the best letter of all the letters in my opinion. It started in my parents basement with some old signage my dad had from a sign company he worked for when I was a kid. From there, I applied the same plan as my other collection.....when I ran into a 'D' while out in the world I asked myself, "Does this fit the criteria for my collection"? Well, it's the letter 'D'...so yeah.


So, in a nutshell, having a few collections in your home can add style and also remind you of a place or time in life when you found that new addition....just remember to collect in moderation! Nobody wants to be known as the crazy lady with a room full of porcelain cat figurines:)

No comments:

Post a Comment